Friday 10 October 2008

Panic Stations

Had a brief glimpse of Julian the other day but Dorothy v. elusive.

I am trying to get ready for Spain but rather thwarted by the vet. I had to ring four times today to get the catfood delivered, which apart from an SE1 lunch at Nawaz, was spent waiting for the catfood to be delivered instead of buying odds and ends and getting prescriptions for myself. Really rather annoying.

Frantically doing load after load of washing so I have clean sheets to come back to and clean clothes in my case. We have agreed to share a taxi to Gatwick as it will cost about the same as a taxi to Victoria and then the Gatwick Express. Must make sure I have enough cash to pay for it at both ends and also to leave some money for the cleaner.

Weighed in at about 18st when I had my flu jab. No wonder I can hardly creep about. I am experimenting with eating half of whatever is on my plate, going back to using semi-skimmed milk, using benecol spread instead of butter and giving up yogurt. Apart from drinking those little Yakult things once a day. I must eat more fruit and vegetables and less of everything else.

I must also remember to water the garden like mad before I go, just in case the weather is dry here. I am a bit worried about my windowboxes and the pots in the front, not to mention the fish pond, which drains quickly and is always full of leaves at this time of year. Perhaps Julian will notice it and fill it a bit if she comes to collect any post while I am away.

Fed my neighbour's little cat last night and this morning as he is away. She is feeling very thin, which is a bit worrying.

No comments: