Saturday 11 April 2009

Holy Saturday

Still no more cheap canvases apart from the ones in the shop upstairs. Now painting on paper which is designed to take acrylic paint - heavy and textured. It is a bit small but works quite well. Started on a small version of a similar front window view, this time slightly from one side. I have managed to ruin all of my small round brushes - they have gone to untidy spiky things. I tried to kind of force them back into proper shapes by sucking them but no go, so I shall purchase a couple more.

Had a super Good Friday lunch at Dragon Castle. Masses of varied dim sum were consumed. We then staggered over to the ghastly Wetherspoons and enjoyed a glass of wine. It is interestingly downmarket, full of old men and drunks of both sexes. Many look rather bizarre, with gargoylish faces - not sure whether their looks have driven them to drink, or whether their looks are a consequence of heavy drinking, I suspect the latter, but Toulouse-Lautrec would have enjoyed the place. Remembering my self-portraits I shall start examining my alcohol intake, though despite only drinking one glass of wine I felt quite squiffy when I arrived home. Perhaps the wine at Wetherspoons is very potent.

Cooked a steak for dinner on the new oven plank - not terribly impressive, but maybe it matures with time. I purchased a chicken which I shall have to roast today so may use the same method to give the board some seasoning.

No comments: