Monday 22 November 2010

Monday Morning

Sunday was very quiet. It was drizzling, so only went to the shopping centre. I bought some papers and groceries, then straight home for a coffee. I made a stew of some onions, garlic, meatballs, beef stock, carrots and mushrooms with various herbs and seasonings. I shall be serving this in the Catalan way: eating the vegetables and meat as one dish, and serving the rest as soup with a few pieces of pasta. Of course, the Catalan dish has chicken or lamb, various sausages including morcilla and is therefore much more meaty and hearty. Mine is Carn d'Olla lite.

I keep falling asleep all the time, particularly in front of the telly. I managed to watch the X-factor, because of several earlier catnaps, but only managed half of a much lauded four part drama, partly through tiredness, and partly because the characters were unsympathetic.

Watching the ads for Kindle on TV, and was rather tempted. However I don't know about the prices they charge for the books, so shall reserve judgment, though I know lots of people who rave about it. Would certainly avoid my current embarras de livres, which have escaped from the overflowing bookcase to almost every flat surface.

Tweet from my new-found bro Michel, who was cooking for nine on Sunday. I can't remember what it was like to be surrounded by so many. He must be an excellent cook.

No comments: