Saturday 5 February 2011

Consumer

Intensely annoying. Gained half a pound. Thinking back through the week, I may have somewhat underestimated the calories in my breakfast porridge, to which before microwaving I added not only the usual spices and small amount of maple syrup, but also a couple of teaspoons of chocolate covered cocoa nibs, which were delicious and chewy, but evidently rather calorific. I may falsely inflate my calorie consumption a bit, just to get back into things.

Purchased two wonderful cashmere cardis from Lands End reduced from £120 each to just under £40 each. Even when the weather is warmer and in the summer, evenings are a bit chilly, so these represent good value. They arrived yesterday and are very well made, with proper petersham down the fronts, tiny round pearly buttons and three quarter sleeves. One is a light brown, and the other one is a lightish turquoise.

No comments: