Monday 15 August 2011

Citrus sorbets


Having found some green plastic shot glasses in the pound shop, I decided to fill them with citrus sorbet. I made this by zesting two lemons and one orange. Then I peeled all the pith off with a sharp knife, then cut the fruit out from in between the segments, dropping them into the bowl with the zest, meanwhile squeezing all the juice out of the fruits. I added a bit of sugar syrup, and some elderflower cordial, undiluted and put all into an ice tray to freeze. When frozen, I removed, added half a glass of water and gradually blitzed in the Magimix, before filling the shot glasses and freezing. These are so small they could be served between courses as a palate cleanser. I am now thinking about some kind of coffee granita, but this will have to wait.

No comments: