Thursday 10 April 2008

Broken Washing Machine and Sick Cat


This is my room in black and white with my fifties tea tray on the table. Malvolio on the sofa.

Bit of a drama. Put some washing in the machine, and when it was spinning dry it started making an awful noise as though it had bricks inside. Finally when it finished I went to open in and masses of smoke came belching out. I called the fire brigade and pulled the plug out. However by the time they arrived the thing had died down and it was obviously the friction of the broken drum causing excessive heat as I discovered when i pulled the clothes out which were covered in tiny burned marks. Handwashing for a while I suspect. There seem to be dramas all round at the moment. I do hope Dorothy and Julian are OK in Barcelona.

Also, my neighbour's cat Mavis has become ill and may have a thyroid problem or something more serious, which is a bit of a worry as he is going away on Saturday for a week and I will be looking after her. He has taken her for blood tests today which they are rushing through for him.

No comments: