Monday 16 June 2008

Boring Old Woman


collected my jewels which cost £200 to repair. Of course they had to rethread them twice and add some very large pearls. The earrings now look much better without the outside chain rims - nice and plain. The man in the shop was admiring my gold bangle and asked if I was a designer.

I have found a wonderful thing from Scott's of Stow which is like a sandwich toaster. I saw it on CDWM yesterday and was immediately impressed. Basically you put little balls of dough in it and it makes 12 little pastry boats (round shaped) in three minutes. Multiply this if you have a large party and fill with various things - simple and home made. I immediately ordered one and shall experiment with this.

I am still trying to sprout things - not much to see so far, but this morning purchased some mung and some aduki beans and will lash out on a sprouter if all else fails. I must get some compost and a couple of containers in which to plant my lettuce and beets. Maybe I will do this when I get back from Devon at the beginning of July.

No comments: