Wednesday 23 December 2009

Christmas Eve

Apart from keeping until the next day, I think the Amarena cherries are the real secret to that tart. Must get some more. They are Amarena Fabbri cherries from Italy which I get from Ocado. However, I shall experiment with other fruit. I have some fresh blackberries. I am thinking of doing what I do for tarte Tatin, i.e. leave some large pieces of chopped apple about exposed to the air so that they dry up a bit, then making the tart with blackberry and apple. I only have dessert apples so I shall use those.

Done pigs in blankets, stuffing and made two tarts. Having a well deserved cup of soup. Not that it is very nice - described as 'spicy bean' or something.

Just about to watch the Tsarina's Slippers free on BBC2. Bugger, could have saved £100 if I had known. I would rather see it at home anyway. I suppose it can be seen on I-player as well.

Madeleine came around bearing gifts, and we enjoyed coffee, mince pies and cava before she had to venture forth into the evening. Then Dorothy and Julian turned up, bearing even more gifts and stuff for tomorrow. Having discovered that their fave restaurant was closed, and all a bit peckish, Julian first prepared some very good nibbly things before we ordered some stuff from Morley Tandoori, which was delicious. Rather a late night for me.

No comments: