Wednesday 1 August 2007

Still Sick - But Shall Go To The Carnaval


With Mummy.

Feeling even worse - the sore throat has become a chest infection. Fortunately I have a day's leave tomorrow, so maybe I will have recovered by next week.

I hope to be better by Sunday for the Carnaval del Pueblo which goes past Borough and the Elephant and Castle down to Burgess Park with masses of traffic stopping floats from 12 midday. I hope to get down there and take a few snaps of wonderful latino costumes etc. It was very good last year.

We have been trying to sort out more holidays for people needing extra care. Romy is going up to Sandringham to have a first-hand examination of a place which seems eminently suitable. Romy knows all the rules and will be looking very closely at accessibility etc. Just sent off the tickets, maps etc for the forthcoming theatre outing.

Doing last machineload of washing from the holiday. All ready for the next one in a week or two. Hope I'll be better by then. If things look bad I have an emergency supply of antibiotics from abroad just in case.

Phone rang twice today from a withheld number. Think it is the telly people whingeing for my photograph. Must email it today.

No comments: