Saturday 24 November 2007

horrible Orange and Great Homofair

I have been having trouble with Orange trying to get PAC codes out of them, which they refused to give me over the phone, so hopefully they will send them Not only that, their envelopes have a horrible orange bit on them which has made a stain on my new table. Presumably caused by it being damp from the rain when I brought it in. Am trying to remove it but shows no sign of going. I have put a drop of lemon on it but shows no sign of bleaching. May add a bit of salt. Otherwise I will have to touch the table up with white paint. I feel like sueing Orange as it is a brand new table. Had an instinct to try some whitening toothpaste on an baby bud thing. Not gone, but definitely paler.

Went to the homoculture fair thingy. It was wonderful, with the women's orchestra playing carols outside, and later playing the Can Can music inside with great zest and energy. Everyone loved it. Later some men in kilts were doing Scottish dances, including the Gay Gordons. I made a pom pom for world peace on Amy Lame's stall, and took a kit home. I may well make some cream coloured pom poms with which to embellish cushions and curtain pull backs. I purchased some of the wonderful calendars and one or two other presents before settling down to some tea and cakes. As last year, I thought I had lost my purse, and of course, found it as Rupert went to arrange an announcement, so slunk off in shame.

I had a call from some friends who were trying to find the venue, and who had turned up ten minutes before it closed. I had left ten minutes before that, but they had not said they were coming, so they missed all the fun. I had tried to drag Dorian along, but he said it was not his kind of thing.

No comments: