Saturday 8 November 2008

Film and Freezer

I went to 'Of Time and the City' which was very good indeed. Amazed to see Terence Davies, who did not remember me but was very taken with my Jo Malone 'Red Roses' scent and said he would immediately purchase a bottle. Afterwards reflected that I had only met him a dozen times or so, and he was a friend of friends of mine, after all.

What made this latest film so good for me is that it was so personal and dealt with change, memories and ageing. Terence's commentary was brilliant and rather caustic when dealing with religion, royalty and the Beatles.

Arrived home quite tired and listened to the many firework displays which went on all evening. Then my freezer decided to become difficult and ice up, so I have had to take everything out and leave it to defrost overnight. This means I will have to eat all the crayfish today, cook the pheasant, and cook, puree and refreeze the sprouts and the peas. I threw the salmon away as it had been in there rather a long time, and the ice cream. I had better stock up with some more pheasants, and at least there will be room for stuff in the freezer now. Though it won't be such a leisurely Sunday with all that cooking.

No comments: