Sunday 22 August 2010

Dinner in SW6


Was invited to dinner by Victoria, with Audrey, her agent who has just retired, at Les Amis. We met at Vic's house and I had some difficulty in despatching two glasses of champagne. We had a lovely dinner as usual at Les Amis, accompanied by copious champagne. Vic was arrayed in the most astounding jewels, some of which can be seen on my snap: a huge diamante collar in three pieces; a large diamante cuff, and huge dangling earrings like peacock feathers, also diamante to the hilt. Not to mention two knuckleduster rings.

As we sat, a young woman at another table had recognised me, but I couldn't quite place her. Seems she was the director on ITV House Guest which I did a couple of years ago. She kept referring to my 'marvellous house', which was quite agreeable, considering what a tip it usually is.

After seeing the guy who owns 'Sensational' in the Elephant & Castle shopping centre there, I wonder which acquaintance I will bump into next at Les Amis. Small world.

No comments: