Wednesday 26 January 2011

Strange Soup

Two good things: Dorothy's trip to India has been postponed for a week so the anniversary can be celebrated on the day. Also, Madeleine has offered to take me to Dulwich Picture Gallery so off we will go on Saturday. Also found my Art card thingy, which will reduce the entry price.

Invented some haggis soup: haggis opened up and cooked in stock with added tomato puree and more spices. After letting it go cold and skimming vast amounts of fat off the top and thinning it with more water it is less disgusting than it sounds, particularly when served with a generous sprinkling of parmesan. I shall be dining on haggis soup for the next couple of nights.

Romy has been slaving away all day on the very complicated summer holiday arrangements for the punters involving three dates, three destinations and three coaches, looking at levels of ability, and keeping close friends together. I think she has been very successful, but only time will tell. I could only stand aside and wonder at her gargantuan efforts.

I now have to find out about possible cat sitting arrangements for at least a couple of the dates. Romy suggested I could possibly find someone to combine cat sitting with a bit of gardening or decorating if Julian is unable to do it. We shall see.

No comments: