Sunday 24 June 2012

Weekend

On Saturday I went for the first time on the DLR from Bank to Island Gardens where we were to meet to do Sketching on Location. I was very early and searching for a loo, discovered the Poplar Rowing Club. Apart from a loo, they had a bar and an excellent outside terrace looking over the river with tables conveniently placed. After we met up a couple of people joined me to sketch from there. However I had not quite got into the mood and just did one very desultory sketch of the opposite bank of the river. Then we went under the foot tunnel to Greenwich and thence to Greenwich Market. I was lured into purchasing a cheap necklace and drank a coke outside a pub in the market where there was a blues guitarist. This was quite enjoyable. Later we all met at the Trafalgar to compare our work and chat over a drink. I found a bus home easily and really enjoyed the day. Decided to go to Julia's house in East Sheen on Sunday where she was having open studios and looked at the artworks which were quite numerous all over the house, but being a broke pensioner just purchased a few cards. I found a good little transport cafe near Mortlake station to read the papers and have a decent capuccino. Later I had a distinct craving for a Sunday lunch which I found in the Hare and Hounds in East Sheen. I sketched the diners for a while before going to Hammersmith. I was entertained by Christophe and Victorine later with wine and tapas and tore myself away to feed the monster at around 8.30. Quite tired last night.

No comments: