Saturday 2 July 2011

Saturday

Many years ago, I gave birth to my son on this day. After 24 hours in labour, I was glad to finally see him out, and so happy (well, I was, anyway). I slept for a very long time afterwards.

I had breakfast with him today in Borough Market and we are going out to dinner this evening.

This morning, I did a bit more of my journal, cleaned out the pond filter, tidied up the garden and did some washing. I will have to purchase some clear folders for some of my artwork, and particularly for my card images, which I may as well keep as throw away. I have a very large file which I can use for these. Finally, most, but not all of my sketchbooks have been found. I must have thrown the rest away.

After a glass of excellent cava, we set off in a cab. Though our table was booked for 10.15 pm we became stuck in a huge traffic jam caused by Gay Pride, so staggered on foot to the restaurant, through the drunken crowds and street debris. Bocca di Lupo is a great place with excellent food. Cocktails were drunk and we had great fun, before devouring the most fabulous ice creams over the road. After coffee at my place, the others set off intending to go to a club. I am still rather tired this morning.

No comments: