Monday 4 July 2011

Sunday and Monday

Bought some white crops from Marks and popped into Holland and Barrett. I also obtained some more very dark rye bread with caraway seeds - Lithuanian bread seemingly made in Luton and containing something called Calamus (sweet flag) which Wikipedia makes sound rather dodgy. I suspect that the hard dried grass stuff embedded in the bottom crust is the calamus. I am eating two slices of this with a scraping of butter and marmalade for breakfast. It is very filling and apparently can help weight loss, though not sure quite how. We shall see.

I have changed the sheets, and put a pale green bottom sheet and pillowcases on, with a pale pink top one, and a pale pink quilt. I really love having linen sheets, though the French union sheets are pretty good.

I was going to Richmond today, but the tides preclude that. I may go next Monday. Meanwhile I shall wash the bedding, then purchase some folders and tidy up my old artwork and cards which are in an awful mess.

Had a long chat with Nibby, who is tarting up an old rocking horse to sell in the craft market. Apparently they went to an enormous car boot sale yesterday, and found all kinds of stuff there, including children's toys.

Something has gone wrong so that I can't co-ordinate my mobile with the laptop so the snaps are stuck on the phone which is a nuisance.

No comments: