Wednesday 17 March 2010

Out to Lunch

Lunched with my friends from the country, who had come up to see some friends and visit the Olympic sites, since they used to live in Forest Gate.

We went to El Vergel in Webber Street. Apart from a special every day, consisting of soup, some rice, plantain etc. the food was mainly sandwiches and salads. Everything was very good and fresh, and we repaired to the Ship in Borough High Street afterwards. I am afraid I rather bored them with my past troubles at home and work, and they regaled me with their tales of exciting foreign travel, after which we parted again.

There had been rather a commotion with an ambulance and police car in the street on Saturday. Sadly, I have just discovered that one of my neighbours had died suddenly. Though I didn't really know her, she used to walk past frequently with a small dog, and we would pass the time of day. Very sad.

Romy is off to Spain today. I shall try and take a day or two off next week, otherwise my leave will mount up to a ridiculous extent. The problem is that it is difficult to get away at short notice. Romy says there is a very good cattery in Denmark Hill which I shall investigate, since my friend John, AKA Chlamydia Rash, wants me to come down to Exmouth for a week, and Simon has invited me to his gaff. I may however manage to do a day trip to Macclesfield to visit my niece. We shall see.

No comments: