Sunday 28 March 2010

Sunday

Went to the shopping centre to purchase a paper, get some cash and have a coffee. On the way, met two hairdressers I knew who were struggling to use the self pay machine in Tesco's; a punter who said it was good that we had not booked any outings since the weather was so unreliable at the moment; and on the way back, a local writer, and a school bursar couple, so quite a few people with which I had a nodding acquaintance.I wondered if I would see so many people I knew if I moved away.

Madeleine was quite prompt, and brought news of the girls who are due back from India in a couple of weeks. All seems well, and one has a place on a foundation course at art college.

After a chat, we went off to the Chinese place, and ordered far too much food, which was excellent. We tried a new dish called chicken pot, which was a very spicy chicken cooked with garlic and ginger, which we will definitely try again. We came back, had coffee and a long chat about paintings and what needs to be cleared away for the arrival of Nibby in May. It was so good to see Madeleine again.

No comments: