Sunday 17 May 2009

Quiet Day


This is my latest effort from a photograph - a boy in a sailor suit who did not want to be photographed.

Had a word with Nibby who is not looking forward to being deserted by her daughter and family. She is beginning to establish herself as an artist and should stay there, especially as she loves it so much. She was telling me that she is starting to grow some weird thing called finger limes I think. They grow things which look like citrus fingers, but inside look like caviar with lots of little round seeds which you can put into dishes and which release bursts of lime flavour when eaten. Reminds me of something I had in Szechuan food not long ago which Dorothy said was Szechuan peppercorns. So I am rather confused.

Bought a few cheapish canvases. Lunch at Lye Torng. It was sunny but very windy outside. I think my right foot is rather larger than the left so may force myself to go to Guy's tomorrow. I suppose it could be a DVT but I am rather worried it might be the start of lymphoedema. I do hope not, as I really don't fancy that one little bit. Not that I am keen on a DVT either.

Started painting again. Still crap, but I sense a marginal improvement. We shall see.

There are still huge piles of clothes to sort out before I can start on the kitchen cupboards.

No comments: