Monday 8 October 2007

Defurnishing and Dyeing (Again)

Finally found some dye. It is not exactly the same colour but is almost the same. Will have another shot at dyeing the quilt. We shall see.

The men are supposed to be collecting my sofa and chairs today so I can get someone in to paint my room. I may ask them if they can put the telly downstairs so I can watch it from there.

The quilt is in the washing machine with the dye. Contacted the men and they were delayed on a job but would ring back when they were on their way in an hour or two. Hmmm.

The men finally arrived and took the stuff away. Getting my tiny sofa out was a huge problem for two of them so I had to show them how to do it as it is a bit tricky. They also moved the TV downstairs for me which was v. helpful. I shall have to move more things downstairs to finally clear the room, when I can ask for the painter to start work.

It is strange watching TV in the bedroom. Quite cosy though, and I can go to bed really early.

Oh, and the quilt looks much better. I have an extra packet of dye so will do a sheet and redo the pillow shams tomorrow.

No comments: