Friday 25 July 2008


Look at this - I bought this teapot with a matching jug, and managed to find a nearly matching sugar bowl. It cost a lot of money and I came back from work recently to find the lid open. Trying to close it I realised it had been dropped on the floor and the lid bent out of shape. My cleaner had been that day, and obviously had dropped it. She didn't leave a note of explanation or apology, so I will definitely have to review her situation. I may not be able to get it mended, which means I will have to look for another large silver teapot which will no doubt cost a fortune. I am rather annoyed.

Also, Dorothy tells me that our last visitor to the Barcelona flat has 'broken the balcony' whatever that means. Again it will probably cost a fortune to put right, and the residents association can stop us from having any more people in the flat. I feel a move to Barcelona coming on - though the flat is so tiny - and what would happen to Malvolio? I don't suppose he fancies becoming an indoor cat in Barcelona. Oh dear. I am feeling very sorry for myself.

However it is very sunny outside and I am making a fresh loaf of bread, so I may not shuffle off this mortal coil for a bit.

No comments: