Thursday 17 July 2008

Moon Pennies


First thing this morning Malvolio had managed to make rather a large scratch across my left breast before I managed to fight him off. It certainly woke me up. After feeding the monster I became more relaxed and managed to have a cooked breakfast followed by a leisurely bath. I got dressed, and put some clothes in the machine before venturing outside. The pile of creeper was so heavy I could not tackle it so decided to let nature take its course for a bit longer.

I picked some moon pennies (Honesty) which had become pale and took them inside to peel the seed cases, leaving the lovely central 'pennies' and put them in a vase. I shall dry the seeds a bit more before thinking about planting them either in November or next spring. It is easier to leave them in the garden until the seed cases blow away, but I can manage to collect the seeds this way so only the lovely mother-of pearl 'pennies' are left on the branches.

No comments: