Sunday 12 October 2008

Disorganised Mentally and Financially

I was trying to organise myself, but managed to leave my jacket and keys at a coffee place today. I discovered the missing keys after passing through four shops and arriving at Tesco. I had to retrace my steps, then discovered both jacket and keys on a chair in the coffee place. Fortunately. Losing my keys two days before I go away would not have been clever.

I have emailed Dorothy to say that if my neighbour has a problem with Malvolio, he and Julian might be required to take over feeding duties. I don't suppose it will happen, but better safe.... The flat is rather a tip, though I have managed to tidy up a bit.

Talked to a neighbour about the international financial chaos. People seem to think that Gordon Brown has done the right thing and is leading the world in taking decisive action. My neighbour is worried about people losing jobs, which will be a bit of a nightmare. Not good if you lose your job then can't sell your property in order to downsize. Pity we could not get rid of the Barcelona flat, which might have helped a bit. I shall have to try and economise a bit, though this is definitely not in my nature. I have just bought a book called 'Grub Street Irregular' - hopefully my last purchase for a bit.

Just ate half a pork Penang at the Lye Torng. I am a creature of habit.

No comments: