Friday 10 October 2008

Financial Disasters

The stock market continues to plunge. I am glad I don't have any significant savings. Put another £20k of the company's money into short term treasury bonds which is probably the best place for it, short of buying gold bars, which might seem a little questionable to the Charity Commissioners.

I shall attempt to finish repaying my debts and put some money into the bank monthly afterwards to offset the mortgage. Unfortunately Dorothy tells me that Technocasa have advised against selling the Spanish flat as they only sell a couple of flats a month and people have to reduce the price considerably. I shall just have to try and get over there and make use of it. I have told Romy that she and her husband are very welcome to stay there, as I shall be staying with them in Malaga, though mine is not quite as civilised as their place, it is conveniently placed in the middle of Barcelona.

No comments: