Sunday 5 April 2009

Broken Ice Shelf - More Canvases, and Broke Again.

I am rather worried about the break-up of the Wilkins ice shelf in Antarctica. This shelf was about half the size of Scotland and built up over hundreds of years. Global warming is apparently at fault.

For the first time in a week or two I managed to walk to the Elephant & Castle shopping centre and back, though I did get a sharp pain in my 'unaffected' knee which was rather ominous. If both knees give up I shall be somewhat immobile. They have run out of the cheap canvases in the downstairs shop, but I managed to purchase a few more for £1.99 upstairs. I shall ask the framing shop if they can spare some cut-outs of mounting board and start using that, as storage may soon become a major problem.

I really need a lot more money - I need to be able to pay someone to clear up the garden back and front, and to help me dispose of masses and masses of stuff acquired over the years: shoes, hats, enormous clothes, etc. I can use the sheets as dust sheets in the studio fortunately. I also need to visit the dentist which costs a fortune these days, and to take poor old Malvolio to the vet since they won't sell me his essential insulin without performing very expensive and useless tests which involve cabs there and back as well as several hundred pounds for the testing - nice income for vets, a diabetic cat.

No comments: