Thursday 16 April 2009

Whisky Galore!

Loads of people at the Whisky Club. The landlord stocks a bottle from each of the 90 odd distilleries in Scotland. We had an interesting talk, plenty of haggis, tatties and neeps and cheese later, accompanied by three whiskies: Glenkinchie (lowlands and mild), Tomintoul (very nice, from a bit further up) and Bowmore (v. powerful I think Islands, poss. Barra?). Very distinct differences. Can't wait for the next one, great fun.

I started off OK doing a painting from an old snap. Things went a bit wrong and as usual, I got rather carried away, and the result is a totally muddy mess. Fortunately my new brushes arrived this morning, so I shall see if I can redeem things a bit, though I suspect it is a wish too far. I may well put it on this blog, to show as I so often do, just how easy it is to totally cock things up.

Cat food arrived today so Malvolio won't starve. My poultry shears arrived, and also a silver plate on copper tray, very heavy, which I ordered in a moment of madness. I shall use this to display fruit on, piled high. It is a bit baroque but the copper is showing through nicely. I have always quite liked that look, like old Sheffield plate. It has handles so I could actually use it as a tea or drinks tray, too.

No comments: