Wednesday 8 April 2009

Forthcoming Easter

Looks as though a very quiet Easter is in the offing - no word from Julian or Dorothy. There's a Good Friday dim sum at the Dragon Castle which should be fun. For some demented reason I have put my name down for a whisky evening with tatties and neeps etc the following Thursday. I may live to regret this - my fellow drinkers almost certainly will.

Tomorrow my shopping will arrive and I may attempt to cook some steak on my new oven plank, which I have seasoned as directed. Meanwhile I am taking advantage of the Sainsbury's dinner for two, limited though it's menu is. I find if I cook it I can eat half, plate up half, refrigerate and have a meal on the following night. How sad am I?

One of the punters sent a St. George's Day card today. I have never seen one before so it shall take pride of place in my casa. In Barcelona St. Jordi (also their patron saint in Catalunya) was a big deal, coinciding as it did with national book day, and red roses were bought for friends to celebrate. Bookstalls could be seen all over the place. We shall all be celebrating with a wonderful train ride in Pullman carriages through the Kent countryside.

I have discovered there is a local time exchange thingy where you give an hour and receive an hour so there may be an answer to my clearing up and gardening problems. All I have to do is discover a talent to swap - unflattering portraits come to mind - we shall see. They are sending me details anyway to see if I want to join. I could do beginner's art classes which I would quite like to do.

No comments: