Thursday 2 April 2009

Buzzing, Goody and Window Painting

Buzzing from the entryphone has been driving me crackers. The installers turned up this morning, didn't have the part! and are coming again tomorrow to replace the offending item.

The SE1 forum has been running a Jade Goody thread which has been annoying me. First, after Jade died, there were the expected tributes etc. then started the sniping. I don't know why, naivety I expect, but it never ceases to amaze me that there are so many jealous, petty, bitter and twisted people around, who wish to vent their spleen about Goody. It is really quite sad, and one does feel a bit sorry for them, but I think they must be somehow unaware of how much of themselves they are revealing in these spiteful posts. Or they would not embarrass themselves by posting.

I have to say I have never been very interested in Jade Goody, but because she raised awareness of cervical cancer in young women and backed the cause, increasing the numbers of young women being tested and therefore potentially saving lives, surely this can only be a good thing.

I have abandoned the last window painting and will paint over it, maybe with another, improved version.

2 comments:

James I said...

I have SE1 on Twitter, and was disappointed to learn that Southwark council had to consider the idea of putting up a statue of her.
I have no feelings towards the woman, I was neither elated or grated by her existence, but I feel that the notion of commissioning a public statue of her is going a bit far.

bag lady said...

I don't think that was ever a serious proposition - made up by the press I think, though on SE1 forum someone suggested playground toys which I think would be good.