Wednesday 8 April 2009

Bermondsey Goody Bashers

Oh dear, just been having an exchange with some person called Serge on the SE1 forum about Jade Goody. I was accused of ageism - having implied that Michael Parkinson might be a bit past it judging by his supposed comments about Jade. I just felt it was rather sad and undignified of someone of his supposed stature. I suppose it is an achievement to be thought of as ageist at my age!

There is a small hardcore of resentful little people still whingeing on the forum about the poor bloody girl, even now after she has been buried. Seems to be a class thing as one of them was pouring scorn on the choice of floral tributes at the funeral cortege and said he or she wanted to 'throw up' when they saw it on TV.

My mother, middle class to the core, would have found it in very bad taste for people to admit to having such feelings.

No comments: