Thursday 28 June 2007

No telly, Lille and Fromage

Tragedy has struck: the telly is not working - it says 'no satellite signal' so I suppose the rain has somehow affected the satellite dish on the roof. I shall now have to do normal things like washing, cooking, cleaning the house (especially this) and tidying up. Going to bed early with a book. I am definitely outside my comfort zone with this.

Spent a great day in Lille. Nobody got lost, there were a couple of showers but otherwise the weather was OK. It also conveniently for us happened to be the first day of the sales. Romy and I bought some lovely scarves from Printemps, did a tour of the city on a minibus along with some of our charges, had lunch in the main square, and scouted around to find the best routes from Euralille to the station, so if we went again we could give this information. Lille is a very pretty town, especially the old part, and because it is a very young population, there are lots of bars, restaurants and nice little shops and apparently, a great night life. A good day if rather long - back home at around 8.45pm after leaving at 7.15 in the morning.

Invited Dorothy and Julian around to taste some cheeses and ham purchased in Lille. Dorothy showed me how to put CDs on my computer library and fixed my camera battery charger. We had a very pleasant evening testing some more wine they had brought back from Barcelona.

No comments: