Friday 1 June 2007

IKEA, Richmond Park , Roast and Skylon

Waited in until 12pm for the IKEA delivery. Rang the people who said they were in fact delivering tomorrow when they had agreed to my request of delivering today. I wonder whether they will deliver the right item?

Madeleine finally rang to admit failure on the theatre front and to say she had purchased a new car and wanted to drive to the country tomorrow for tea and scones in a nice old fashioned cafe. I told her she was living in the nineteen fifties and the best tea places are in central London. However she then suggested Richmond Park which does admittedly have a tea place. She is going to try and get the car horn working before she comes up to collect me. IF it is fine. Before I did my foundation course and degree, I went to the Adult College in Richmond for a prefoundation and A level course. Our class went to Richmond Park to do some landscape drawing. We also went to Marble Hill Park, near my house at the time. We had some nice summer days painting there.

Malvolio has taken to sitting near the dry food supply, mewing plaintively. I will not be moved.

I was moved at midnight. Malvolio still whingeing, so gave him small handful of dry food.

I must be psychic. Ikea van turned up today (Saturday) with two of the three items. No handle for boiler cupboard so will have to contact them yet again.

Am now going to afternoon tea at Roast with Dorian on Monday, Skylon with Dorian again on Friday, then Skylon again the following Thursday lunchtime with Romy. Had better not order any more food from Ocado. Drank a couple of glasses of champagne for lunch outside in my mini-garden. Madeleine due at around 2.30 today for our jaunt to Richmond Park. I will definitely take my camera. Maybe we will have time to have a brief look at the Isabella plantation which should be in full flower. No word from Dorothy and Julian. I expect they have been out clubbing.

No comments: