Thursday 21 June 2007

Very First Letter from Cherie and Shopping


Dorothy and Julian are back again. Julian is looking fine, having made some clothes purchases and a lovely pair of red sandals. I hope to see Dorothy over the weekend.

I had my first contact the other day with my half sister, Cherie. It was a letter with a couple of photos describing her life and family. This was so exciting to receive, it has stayed in my bag since then! Romy, my work colleague, thought she could see a resem blance between Cherie and me, none between me and Roberto, and a very little between me and Mykel. I shall carry on corresponding with Cherie, but would really love to meet them all at some time.

My friend Johnny has invited me to his show. There is to be a second show after the sellout success of his first one. I have been begging Dorothy and Julian to catsit Malvolio for the night in a week or two as I would really love to go.

Oh dear, I have had a rash of purchasing.

I have bought some cheap summer clothes at half price in a catalogue, some of which are OK;

a pair of Birkenstocks in black since I had no black sandals and a lot of black clothes;

a cheap pair of pointy kitten heeled gold shoes (not at all sure about these);

two quite nice Indigo Moon light jackets with overlong arms (will take these to be altered today). They are quite nice and dressy and for once, with Indigo Moon, roughly symmetrically patterned.

I also bought (on a complete impulse) a premium tanzanite ring with a smallish stone, but a gorgeous colour

and, very oddly, considering the number of oven dishes I already own, a five piece set of Linda Barker oven dishes in pale pink. They have now arrived and it has finally dawned on me why they were so cheap - they are cream inside and matte pale pink on the outside - duh - ovens - burnt-on grease etc. Hell to clean. I shall use one or two as salad dishes. I may test one in the oven. Well at least they were cheap: £19 the set. And they look very nice, now!

No comments: