Monday 4 June 2007

Meeting Long Losts and Further Spendthriftery


Another email from Lauren, my new sister-in-law. She is making waistcoats for my half brother, Roberto, who is dashing over to France trying to decide whether to buy the bar they had originally settled on, or another one about 5km from their daughter's bar, which would also be good for them.

It really is exciting discovering a whole new family at my advanced age. I really must get down to Torquay some time and meet them. Unfortunately this could prove difficult. I have already booked two separate weeks to take the pensioners on holiday, with Dorothy and Julian cat-minding and cat injecting, so I am a bit reluctant to ask them to come and stay again for me to spend time in Torquay.

On the distaff side of the family, I am in contact with a couple of ladies who lunch from America or Canada who are very distantly (19thc) related and who have come back to do a trip to Devon to seek more information about the family history ( I think it is mainly gravestones!). I am meeting them in Kensington on 15th before their trip.

Oh dear, further purchases from the TV. I bought quite a nice pair of sandals, and a rather luxurious teal coloured Italian suede bag. This will go with the teal boots I purchased a few weeks ago.

No comments: