Friday 15 June 2007

Forever Lost Canadian Cousins

I was supposed to meet some distant long lost relatives from Canada tonight. Having rather rushed tea at Roast to contact them, there was no reply from their hotel room, so I left a message with my telephone number. However, they did not call back, so I assumed that their fourteen day tour of England, Scotland and Wales had taken its toll. They are due to take a very early train to arrive in Devon before mid day tomorrow to pick up their hire car because the office closes then. I hope they manage to catch their train as London transport is apparently rather disrupted.

Having had such an enormous tea, it was actually rather a relief not to have to go out to dinner. However I do hope the distant rellies are all right, since they had previously been so keen to meet up. I am afraid that under these kind of circumstances I do tend to imagine dramatic adverse events such as hospital emergency admissions and so on. It is far more likely that they were just tired. It has just occurred to me that the hotel staff may have failed to leave my message with them, but too late to ring them up. Tomorrow I shall ring the place where they are staying in Devon to send my best wishes for their holiday. This blog is getting more and more Pooterish. I really need severe editing.I shall be painting everything in the house including the bath, red soon.

No comments: