Sunday 24 June 2007

Wine, Ping Pong, Trauma and Dental Trauma


Dorothy and Julian came around with a Burberry scarf and a special bottle of wine for me. We drank another bottle of wine before going off to have dim sum at Ping Pong behind the Festival Hall.

Today I had to go to the dentist as the pain had become unbearable. On the way I had an enormous fall, tripping over a manhole cover. I was temporarily winded and my neighbour, who had seen the accident, rushed over the road to help me up. So embarrassing. I shall have to stop wearing my really comfortable but extremely pointy toed shoes as this is the second time this has happened in a week. I shall have permanently grazed knees. Eventually made it to the dentist who prepared to do a root canal filling but was hardly able to anaesthetise me sufficiently and when she reached the canals, the tooth was hyperaemic, which apparently means I had been in such pain for so long that all the blood rushes to the tooth making it incredibly oversensitive and hard to work on. She filled the canals with something called Ledermix which will apparently kill the nerves over the next week or so, and then put in a temporary filling. She is going to finish the work next week. Such fun. Not.

No comments: