Thursday 7 June 2007

Tatty House, Street Crime and Crap Internet


Just ordered the Tommy Steele autobiography 'Bermondsey Boy'. Apparently it has lots of local references and should be quite interesting to me as I was at school locally in the fifties for a short time.

Xpenditure - have just ordered a silk crushed pleats gypsy skirt. Romy had a call from a punter while she was in Spain. I really don't know why she takes the office mobile away with her - total madness.

I was told that the most tatty looking house in my street was for sale. I googled it and saw it was for auction by a mortgage company but had been withdrawn from the sale. Presumably sold privately. It was described as having an income of £32,000, though I can't imagine this. Apparently it is somehow divided into two flats. I cannot think why someone does not completely renovate it as flats around here can sell really well. I hope someone 'does it up' as it is currently a bit of an eyesore.

Just had a bit of a drama outside - a lot of shouting and small crowds forming. A guy was caught in the basement area of a house - the owners came out armed with sticks and grabbed him. He said he was just having a pee - they maintained he was trying to break in. Anyway, fifteen minutes later two police cars arrived, he was arrested and taken away in a van. Got a few snaps but nothing exciting. Perhaps that is why the house has not sold before.

Dear me, all this happening when I am trying to get my makeup on to go to the Skylon.

My internet keeps disconnecting somehow and my laptop is on a permanent go-slow. I wonder if I need a new one, but haven't had this one for long. I am hardly computer literate so all I can think to do is to keep unplugging things, then plugging them in again which sometimes works. Sometimes getting rid of all my tabs seems to help, though Dorothy tells me this is complete nonsense.

No comments: