Thursday 17 June 2010

Bad Night , Country Trip and No Quacks Available


Awful night waking every 15 minutes or so, but felt much better after breakfast so decided to go on the trip. Buratta's is simply fantastic, an old fashioned pub with ducks in the garden, wonderful food and a little antiques corner. I purchased most of this. We then went on to Grey's, an old house near Henley. This was very pleasant with lovely gardens and so on, but one or two of the punters who had insisted on swapping the Monday trip were just not up to all the walking.

Slept like a log last night. I was supposed to consult the quack today but put it off for a while and when I rang NHS Direct their advice was to take paracetamol! On the way to the shops I had lunch - Chicken Penang, and almost immediately it went straight through me - so dashed back home and rang NHS Direct again. This time the diagnosis was irritable bowel, and I should consult my GP urgently. Rang the GP - a recorded message said they were on a training afternoon and I could ring Celldoc (didn't much fancy that after recent newspaper reports) so unless things get worse I shall purchase a cork and try to see them tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile Romy is coping with domestic dramas of another kind, which should hopefully be sorted soon. I have a hair appointment on Monday, and am now wondering whether to cancel it.

No comments: