Sunday 13 June 2010

Good Trip despite Tiresome Pains


May have an acute abdomen. A bit of pain, especially when I cough and rather swollen. Temperature only up a tiny bit. Due to go on outing with punters today. Since my symptoms have been present for a while I should be OK if I don't do much. I have had all this for a week or so with no further progression, so I am hoping that nature will cause it to go away. I seem to remember reading once that a lot of conditions tend to right themselves eventually if left untreated. We shall see. Bloody nuisance though. If things don't improve I shall ask the GP to do an ESR just to see if there is any untoward infection going on.

The place is still full of books. Louise was supposed to come over and take some on Saturday afternoon but didn't turn up. I shall just have to chuck them out with the rubbish, a bag at a time.

Managed to go on the trip to Denbies and only a few episodes of pain. It really was a very pleasant trip, with wine tasting and a lunch upstairs in the gallery cafe. Last night I watched TV and a lot of the pain came back, also during the night. So annoying. This morning I googled my symptoms and I seem to have about half the symptoms of obstruction. Fortunately, because the other half are much worse. I shall attempt to confine myself to fluids for a day or so to see if things subside.

My poppy is now out. Here's a snap.

No comments: