Friday 4 June 2010

Wednesday Thursday and Friday


On Wednesday, Nibby wanted to see the exhibition of Italian renaissance drawings at the British Museum, so we set off and were most impressed by the paintings and the improvements there. We had an excellent lunch at the Skylon before sinking into a long afternoon rest at home. Early dinner because Nibby had to leave for Pisa on Thursday.

After seeing Nibs off on Thursday, I went to work, but the weather was so fine I did not achieve much. Today I managed a little more in that I set off for the Thames Barrier, catching the 10.30 boat. It was only £7 return with a Freedom card, which is rather a bargain. We had a most amusing commentator all the way. I still don't know whether Wharf stands for Ware House At River Front. Anyway alighted at Greenwich to wander through the market before lunching at San Miguel where we had taken the punters a couple of years ago. Very good steak, but I had caught rather too much sun on the outward journey so stayed inside on the way back. Took a rather dull snap of London Bridge because there is a small logo on it which I immediately recognised. Hmm.

Tomorrow I intend to take in some paintings for framing, and to collect a couple. Otherwise I shall have a quiet day.

No comments: