Friday 18 June 2010

Medical Saga Continued

Finally managed to get an emergency appointment today and went off clutching forms for blood tests and x-rays.

At the hospital the x-ray gown did not quite cover my vast expanses, so I had the bright idea of putting another one on the other way round, which worked very well, and is, apparently recommended practice, though no one had mentioned it to me. The poor radiographer had just had a major hernia op and wasn't allowed to lift people so was glad I could get onto the x-ray table easily. He was expecting a quiet afternoon because of the football. He told me that his wife was about to have a baby, so they had put his op forward so that he could look after the babe in the case of any complications.

I shall have the results in a couple of weeks and have an appointment with the GP to hear what may or may not be the problem. I hope for 'not'. So unless things go downhill over the next few days I shall visit the hairdresser on Monday and pack to leave for Torquay on Thursday.

No comments: