Sunday 20 June 2010

Very Quiet Weekend

Pottered around in the garden, but it has been a bit cold and windy. Two strawberries have ripened and I have now eaten them from my windowbox. Plus an alpine strawberry I picked from the guerilla gardeners plantation at the end of the street.

Strange that a friend of a friend has received a Facebook friend request from Roxy who died over two years ago. We had not thought that Roxy ever had a Facebook account. This is being investigated.

Bumped into a local guy who had been incredibly obese and used to use a mobility scooter to get around. He has lost an incredible amount of weight ( I think the local chemist had him on Alli) and he not only looks completely different, can walk about well, but has grown several inches in height. Very impressive. Dorothy has also lost yet another 1lb this week, which is good. Romy has been doing very well for some time, noticed by the punters. I am sure the power plate is helping, though she is packing to move soon, and the dashing about doing all that will be positive. I am the odd one out here. I don't think a bit of painting, which I have re-started, is going to make the pounds drop off rapidly, though who knows.

A call from Nibby oop North who has been property hunting already and seems determined to return to the UK. We shall see.

My health seems OK so far (fingers crossed). Tomorrow I am due to have my hair done, and back to work for a couple of days on Tuesday.

No comments: