Monday 7 June 2010

Good Sunday

Purchased my paper and had a coffee. Later, Madeleine collected me and gave me a very good lunch at the Chop House, and it was warm enough to sit outside and look at the river. Tony Lucas and his wife passed by with some friends, and it was good to pass the time of day with them. Later, Madeleine inspected my changed living arrangements, admired the garden, and collected a few books from my huge surplus, which I can now chuck out after Louise has gathered a few more.

Was looking through my paintings to find some of the slightly better ones to put up and discovered that quite a few of the slightly more presentable ones have disappeared, not sure where. May have thrown them away by mistake. Oh well, I shall just have to paint some more, better ones. Have had an idea about the portraits which I partially covered in blue swirling paint. I may have an attempt at a third layer, painting small vignettes of either scenery or significant things on the top, just to see what happens - since I have three of these paintings, there's plenty of scope for experimentation.

No comments: