Sunday 12 June 2011

Bad Legs


Purchased some Fit Flops, which were quite good to wear, but after some overuse,they rubbed between the toes. Having also purchased some Skechers Shape Ups, I changed to these. They were very comfortable to wear but I seem to have pulled a ligament in the right thigh making walking difficult, and my right hip is agonising and impossible to lie on in bed. Googling Shape Ups, it seems that masses of other people have experienced problems from wearing them, so, unfortunately, they will be consigned to the bin.

Resumed my usual Sunday trip to M & S and found some turquoise cropped trousers. These look great with lots of things and were only £16, so quite pleased with them. On the scales this morning I have lost 2lb, which is good after being away.

I spoke to Nibby this morning. She is coming back and arriving at Manchester in a few days. I was a bit concerned later to hear a report of volcanic ash disrupting Australian flights so hope Sidney is clear. Dear me, nothing is straightforward these days.

It has been very dull and raining on and off all day. The garden is looking almost tropically green, with the dreaded bamboo from next door as a backdrop. I must purchase some trellis to fix to the back wall. Then I can train a couple of passion flower plants against this. If I can find any. We shall see.

No comments: