Sunday 26 June 2011

Quiet Sunday

Slept badly last night: hip and back pain. Had been out to celebrate the chairman's birthday and retirement and met several of his friends and some family. Very pleasant people, but I had already eaten when huge plates of food were put out, and I was completely unable to resist some of this, none of it healthy, of course. Went to bed at about midnight after a long chat with Dorothy, and was awoken by the Kook at 5am.

It was incredibly hot today. I purchase the Observer and a couple of books and spent most of the day reading these. I had not managed to lose weight during the past week, unsurprisingly, and things were no better today. I shall have to make some effort.

I could not sit outside much as it was too hot, so lounged about inside. I was tempted to ring up a few people, but decided they were probably all busy, so abandoned this idea. Even Nibby did not answer the phone this morning. I suppose she is busy, too, with the grandchildren and the pets. Perhaps I should try living in Barcelona again when I retire, but I would need to have a room to come back to every few months, and someone would have to live in my flat and look after the monster. Oh well.

I was planning to take a boat trip to Richmond tomorrow, but have arranged a postal delivery so will have to stay at home, and since the weather is due to worsen on Tuesday, may have to abandon this idea altogether.

No comments: