Wednesday 29 June 2011

Mercredi

Looking for and finding some old sketch books. Purchased a few more - they have certainly leapt up in price, so I shall have to make some of my own, I think. I shall purchase some watercolour paper and chop it up, and either staple the middle and fold to make thin books, or punch holes in and tie with ribbon for larger ones. We shall see. Spent ages sorting out bits and pieces to collage into new books. This will be rather a challenge since my design skills are somewhat lacking.

A call from my sister to say that my uncle Alan who I have never met, has died. He lived in Canada, and his Canadian wife had died a few years ago. He was 90, so had a very good innings, and was the last of three brothers to die, so the end of an era. My brother Michel is very upset indeed, as he was close to Alan, kept in touch and visited him several times in Canada. Since Alan was already in very poor health when I discovered this branch of the family, I did not like to contact him direct, but Michel told him that I had been in contact with the family. I had a long chat with my sister, and Michel is going to send me some photographs of Alan and the family, which I will be glad to see.

No comments: