Tuesday 28 June 2011

Tuesday in Town


Got a bus into Oxford Street. A view from the bus here. As it was passing the War Museum, I noticed some policewomen standing about, and cordons around the Peace Garden, then a police tent. I suspect either a death or murder. I am told that rough sleepers do tend to go in there. Since heard that a body of a man in his forties had been found.

Purchased a new lightweight glass topped scales from John Lewis reduced to £21, and with a guarantee to last 15 years, which seemed good value. Disappointed to find my weight virtually the same, according to these. I was hoping for complete inaccuracy in my previous scales, which I have had for ages. If anyone would like some very unsmart but accurate old scales, let me know.

I am getting rather excited about the idea of making some sketch books/journals. I have managed to dig out some of my old ones, and now want to do some more with a bit more visual impact, using collage etc and plenty of colour, but I do need to get a fine pen for some sketching as well. I have already found some bits of textile and card to stick in and may colourwash some pages before I start. We shall see.

The Paul O'Grady autobiography was excellent, and I look forward to reading the next one.

Slightly gutted to learn that Catherine Cornwall is only a size 6. This is far too small. Good thing she is young or she might look a bit scraggy. Not that I am bitter and jealous, of course.

No comments: