Thursday 2 June 2011

Today's the Day

I heard from Dorothy last night about some problems in Spain. I do hope I can sort this out when I get back from Eastbourne, and really hope I won't have to go back to Spain to do it.

Having put my calorie intake up to 1500 cals for the past week or two, and lost more weight than usual, I remembered something I heard from a slimming club years ago, which proposed that the body went into some kind of famine mode if you had too few calories, and burned them much more slowly, so a slight increase in calories can trigger a good weight loss. Within reason, obviously. This would appear to be true.

Not at all sure what to pack, so erring on the optimistic side as far as the weather is concerned. I shall water the plants well this morning. Kook is in hunting mode, and becoming very excited about cats in the street outside, and even a fly he has spied in the house which is bothering him by its continued existence.

Managed to use up the last of the fresh food, and will tidy up a bit more before my departure.

The E.coli scare is rather worrying. English salad seems to be OK so far, but I hear some gene has mutated in Germany to cause the very serious type of infection, which is a bit scary. Oh well, we shall see. I shall carry on nibbling at packets of radishes, which are very low in cals and quite filling if eaten by the packet.

No comments: