Wednesday 22 June 2011

Drunken Hip Oldies

Shock - horror! old people drink too much! Apparently secretly at home and not socially. What a surprise. Now the nanny state tells us we should drink only half a pint of beer a day. Straight after this announcement in the news came a report about delays in surgery for broken hips. Dear me. My forthcoming absinthe evening is cancelled. I would not wish to be guilty of encouraging oldies to drink too much. Dieting, abstinence, there's not much left for us. Though I am an exception, many old people spend their days looking after their grandchildren, enabling the parents to go to work. Even more 'younger' oldies in their sixties look after their own elderly parents. Happy 'retirement', and now the pubs are closing, so no chance of even a 'social' drink. Makes you sick. Rant over.

Lunchtime meeting tomorrow with one of the companies holding our investments. They seem quite jolly, which I hope will lighten things a bit. Sooo looking forward to retirement. When I retire next year I shall be completely selfish and make a conscious effort to drink like a fish. I shall have plenty of solitary absinthe sessions. Cheers!

No comments: