Tuesday 31 July 2007

Fever, Fall and Miss Bettawear


It's a baby.

Feeling vile at work all day. Managed to fall off my typists chair trying to rescue a biscuit on the floor. Romy rather concerned since I also toppled off a stool in the shoe shop the other day, all, I may say, without the benefit of alcohol. My sneezy, runny cold has turned into a sore throat and fever. Got home at 6.45pm to find Malvolio loudly complaining about the lack of food and still, huge piles of washing abound. Romy's new computer arrived which is fantastic.

Further contact from the telly people wanting a piccie of me. Might send the Miss Whiplash one I sent last time. Apparently I have to stay at a hotel with the other contestants so will need someone to feed and drug Malvolio so may ask my upstairs neighbour. IF I decide to go.

Have been looking at three seater sofas in the IKEA online catalogue. There is quite a nice bedsofa one, which is old fashioned with a loose cover in a dull browny beige, which looks as though it could be very comfortable to sit or sleep on. I don't think Julian and Dorothy will approve, but I bet it's comfortable. Not much luck with tables and chairs except the slightly strange squarish one with corner chairs from IKEA which look a bit modern. There is also a round one from IKEA which seats four, and which you can put an extension thingy in to seat six. This might be the kind of thing, but will have a look in Marks and John Lewis anyway.

I see I will have to make a visit to Essex in January to snap Miss Bettawear in her latest incarnation as ????????????? All will no doubt be revealed - and, Miss Bettawear, do learn to spell, you lazy minx.

No comments: