Sunday 1 July 2007

New Bathroom Upstairs, Noise Complaints and TV


Just paid my upstairs neighbour £80 towards the new porch light and paint. He says it is working well late at night and the sensor is perfect.

His new bathroom is done on exactly the same pattern as ours . I must say the slate tiles I gave him for the floor look wonderful. He has asked me to feed his cat in a week or two for three days while he is away at a conference.

He tells me that since my new ceiling has been put up it is very noisy upstairs, and is finding out what the building regs are on how much insulation I should have had put in and how many layers of plasterboard! He says there should have been a layer of insulation and two layers of plasterboard. I have no idea what they put in and said I would find out. I just can't face having the ceiling done again as it was very messy and expensive. He says he had the maximum amount of insulation put in when he had his floorboards done. I pointed out that whatever had been put in it would still be more noisy upstairs as they had removed several inches of plaster and concrete when removing the old ceiling.


We had a conversation about the TV .He was willing to let workmen come through his attic to gain access to the roof if this was necessary but felt that I could get perfectly good reception with an inside aerial. I said I was trying to do without the TV in which case noise would not be a problem for him. I am wondering if I should have cable TV in my basement bedroom if I ever go back to watching it. Perhaps I am too old to lose 21 hours a week watching TV.

No comments: